I am an experienced user of various Wikias and Wikipedia who has been working to make this wiki as orderly as possible. I have looked in dismay at all the code that must be cut from templates' documentations before they are useful on wikis without creating redlinks - and I have found the best ways to convey the same information without that troublesome code.
A summary of my contributions can be seen at my userpage. Namely, I have:
- made a special Template:Documentation decidedly unique to our wiki, and documented it clearly
- removed the need for all calls to Template:SPW except for 2 cases (soon, perhaps only one) which can be replaced with a safer parameter
- removed the need for Help:interlanguage links to be specified on any page-by-page basis, except where templates' names differ
- cleaned up a number of infoboxes
- Redirected users here from Central if they make the error of thinking Central's templates are maintained for copy to their wikis
- identified a number of pages needing deletion
Numerous other edits can be found in my contributions. I have posted discussions, reached out to users for comment, and listened to them. I will not overstep my authority with radical and controversial changes, and I will do the best for this wiki if I am made an administrator. Henstepl (talk) 18:48, November 28, 2017 (UTC)
I am applying for the position of admin. With all of the clean up I am doing, the tools granted to admin would help me with the tasks that I have volunteered to do.
- ... organized and migrated most of the infobox templates. Most of the remaining unmigrated infobox templates are ones that might be marked as "won't fix" as they are very specific to their topics.
- ... begun organizing template sandboxes and template style pages. I will be looking for more styles within templates to pull out and place into style pages.
- ... been doing my best to categorize the uncategorized templates.
- ... tracking down templates that require uncreated templates and marking those that may not be completed for deletion.
- ... overall clean up of some of the wanted pages, categories, and templates.
I started writing templates on Wikipedia and organized their userboxen a long time ago. I am familiar with most of the common magic words and parser functions and can figure out the rest with a little help.
- Neutral: However, if Kirkburn approves, I'm fine with it. -- (talk · contr) 27 Dec 2017 12:31 PM Pacific