I wonder whether we should say here that no acknowledgment is legally required if copying to another Wikia site but that copying to other sites should follow CC-BY-SA? — Robin Patterson (Talk) 04:25, January 1, 2010 (UTC)
Having Trouble Edit
I'm having trouble copy the template into my wiki. Can you explain this to me? --KiumaruHamachi 19:29, January 27, 2010 (UTC)KiumaruHamachi
- (Please sign and date messages on "talk" pages.) Seeing "template: Userbox" with a red font usually means that your wiki does not yet have a template called "Userbox". You need to copy it too. — Robin Patterson (Talk) 02:28, June 18, 2010 (UTC)
Hello, I'm trying to install a template for hide/show feature, but it's not working. I'm copying the one we use at another wiki ( x where it works ) into my wiki ( x ). I don't what's wrong, or what I'm missing. Please help me =/ Scarlett Spike (talk) 01:53, November 17, 2013 (UTC)
Import/Export Function Edit
I am able to use the import and export function ok, but I don't know of a similar way to get the images that the templates use. If the export function worked for images as well, I could reference the Category:Images. As it is, I don't know any other way apart from doing each picture individually.
My question is: is there a way to bulk export/import images?
note; I found this on stack overflow: http://stackoverflow.com/questions/1002258/exporting-and-importing-images-in-mediawiki Thanks! --Boy.pockets 01:40, June 21, 2010 (UTC)
- Special:MultipleUpload for the images, then regular Import/Export for the descriptions. --Yoshord 20:55, June 21, 2010 (UTC)
Help! I have tried to copy Template: Charcat to my wiki, but it won't let me! It says:
template loop detected
can someone please help me and explain it simply?
We are facing the issue that we would like to facilitate the export of templates from this wiki, and that includes the export of dependency templates, but not the export of some dependencies like Template:Documentation.
User:KockaAdmiralac quickly got it going for me, and I can confirm it works. Would we like to get this going on Templates Wikia? We could easily implement it with the existing Template:Documentation. Henstepl (talk) 12:32, January 6, 2018 (UTC)
- I will see if it can be made importable to here. LA (T) @ 09:49, January 31, 2018 (UTC)
- w:c:dev:MediaWiki:ExportURL.js is reviewed now, and may be added to Mediawiki:ImportJS. Paging admin! Henstepl (talk) 21:21, February 1, 2018 (UTC)
Customizing Special:Export further Edit
I would be in favor of installing this line of code to this wiki, blocking the "include templates" option and pretty much officially deprecating it on this wiki: Henstepl (talk) 23:25, February 1, 2018 (UTC)
- Some people may want to do things themselves, so I will not do that. All templates do not have the Documentation template. LA (T) @ 23:34, February 1, 2018 (UTC)